Virtual Workshop Date: Saturday, December 12th PDT
This workshop seeks to discuss work at the intersection of earth science and machine learning, bringing together scientists working on important geoscientific and planetary challenges together with machine learning specialists. This workshop encompasses both applied and theoretical work from both fields. Topics include demonstrating machine learning techniques in fields related to earth-systems science 8 sessions.
- The workshop's live stream is available on neurips.cc
- Join the #AI4Eearth gather.town for casual conversations
- Join our slack for live Q&A
All times are in PST (Vancouver time)
|Start||End||Session||Session Chair||Keynotes / Panelists|
|06:45||06:55||Welcome||S. Karthik Mukkavilli||---|
|06:55||08:55||Sensors and Sampling||Johanna Hansen||Yogesh Girdhar, Hannah Kerner, Renaud Detry & Greg Dudek|
|08:55||10:55||Ecology||Natasha Dudek||Dan Morris & Giulio De Leo|
|10:55||12:45||Water||S. Karthik Mukkavilli||Pierre Gentine|
|12:45||13:25||Keynote: Milind Tambe||S. Karthik Mukkavilli||Milind Tambe|
|13:25||15:25||Atmosphere||Tom Beucler||Michael Pritchard & Elizabeth Barnes|
|15:25||17:20||ML Theory||Karthik Kashinath||Stephan Mandt & Rose Yu|
|17:20||18:00||People-Earth||Mayur Mudigonda||Dan Kammen, Milind Tambe, & Giulio De Leo|
|19:00||20:55||Datasets||Karthik Kashinath||Stephan Rasp|
- Register for this virtual workshop on the NeurIPS website.
- The workshop will be a combination of livestreams, live discussions, and slack conversations.
- Be sure to join our slack to ask questions to the speakers and chat with researchers working on #ai4earth.
- Authors and Speakers from each session will join a roundtable discussion Q&A at the end of the session. Questions from the audience are received via slack/rocket-chat and posed to the speakers by the moderator.
- Speakers and Authors, please reference the speakers page for up-to-date information on your submissions and talks.
- For questions, message us on #asktheorganizers on our slack.
- Send emails to ai4earthscience[at]gmail[dot]com